Terms & Conditions of Enrollement and Course Attendance
1. General Requirements
All Hellenic Centre courses are for adults. To register for any of our courses you need to be 18+.
- Fees are payable in advance, are exclusive of books and are not charged pro rata.
- Fees must be paid in full, ten days before the start date unless otherwise specified. Any enrolment received after the specified registration period is subject to a £5 administrative fee. No discount is given to students who join late in the term.
- No enrolment will be processed and no student will be able to attend classes until full payment is received
- Once payment is received your place is guaranteed and you are expected to turn up on the first day of your course. A receipt will be sent upon request.
- Concessionary fees apply only to the following: Hellenic Centre Members, OAPs, Full-Time Students, Westminster ResCard Holders, Registered Unemployed, Registered Disabled. Proof of identity is required.
3. Cancellation and refunds
- Students are advised to consider carefully their circumstances and personal commitments before enrolment as no cancellation or refund will be possible once the term commences.
- Students who opt to pay a discounted fee and register for both Winter and Spring terms, rather than enrolling for each term separately, register for a block of lessons taking place over a period of two terms. No fee refund or fee transfer is possible if they cannot attend any of the two terms once the Winter term commences.
- Fees will be refunded only if a written cancelation note is received before the beginning of the term. The following charges apply: £20 if cancellation note is received 15 days before the term commences, £30 if it is received between 15 days and the day before the term commences.
- Fees cannot be transferred to cover payment for a course in another academic year.
- If the Hellenic Centre cancels a course the full course fee will be reimbursed.
4. Class size/placement
- Our courses have a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 20 students. If fewer than 5 students have registered on the starting date, we reserve the right to cancel or postpone the course. Students however, have the opportunity to move to another course or to receive a full refund of the course fee.
- Changes from one course to another are only possible within the same enrolment period and only during the first 3 weeks of the term.
- Placement to a course will be determined by interview.
- If students insist joining/remaining on a course which is not for their level, then they can do so at their own responsibility.
5. Attendance and Assessment
- Students are expected to attend regularly. In the event of absence it is the student’s responsibility to find out what has been covered in the class in order to catch up as the tutor has to follow the syllabus and the class has to progress accordingly.
- Assessment is continuous through active participation in the class and homework. All students completing the studies for any level participate in the evaluation test at the end of each academic year.
There are three holiday periods: Christmas, Easter and Spring. No classes will take place during the Greek Easter Holy Week but that will not affect the number of sessions per term. The Hellenic Centre is also closed during English Bank Holidays. Classes falling on a Bank Holiday will be rescheduled.
7. Private tuition
Further terms and conditions apply to students booking private tuition, which are outlined in a contract between the student(s) and the Centre.