The Hellenic Centre relies on its Individual, Society and Company members to ensure its future. Become a member, support Culture, support the Hellenic Centre.
Any person whose application may be approved by the Executive Board.
The Membership fee for ordinary members is £50 per year for single membership and £75 for couple.
Any person whose ordinary place of residence is more than 50 miles from the Centre premises and whose application may be approved by the Executive Board.
The membership fee for country members is £35 per year for single membership and £50 for couple.
Any person who at the time of application shall be aged 25 or under or any person who is in full time education aged 30 or under.
The membership fee for youth members is £10 per year.
Application form for Individual Membership.
Benefits for individual membership
- Diary of Events three times yearly.
- Concessionary entrance to HC ticketed events.
- Concessionary fees for the Greek language courses.
- Invitations to private views and other events.
- Every ordinary member shall be entitled to vote or stand for election to the Executive Board of the Centre and to attend all General Meeting of the Centre (Country and Youth Members do not have this entitlement).
Any company, partnership and other entrepreneurial or commercial organisation, on approval of the Executive Board, may become a Company Member of the Centre by contributing the annual subscription.
The Company Membership fee of £250 per year entitles the Company to the following:
- Discounted Rates on venue hire.
- General Benefits of Membership: Diary of Events three times annually, concessionary entrance to HC events, invitations to private views and other events.
- Display of the Company name in the Diary of Events, any other HC publications and on the HC website.
- Nomination of up to ten individuals to become Company Nominated Individual Members subject to approval of the Executive Board.
Application Form for Company Membership
Any body, association or organisation, whether corporate or unincorporated which has 30 or more members, shall be eligible as a “Society Member” if its aims and objects, at the absolute discretion of the Executive Board, are not considered to be incompatible with the Hellenic Centre and provided that the Executive Board, approves the general aims and objects of such body, association or organisation.
The Society Membership fee of £250 per year entitles the Society to the following:
- Free use of the Great Hall one evening per year (Monday to Friday up to 4 hours) to encourage Societies to contribute to the cultural life of the Centre and to promote their own activities. This event must be a cultural event eg lecture or concert, free of charge and open to the public.
- Up to ten free evenings per year for meetings in the Print Room or the Glass Room. (During the Greek Language course terms, these rooms may not be so readily available, so please have an alternative date in mind).
- Discounted Rates on room bookings (terms and conditions apply).
- General Benefits: Diary of Events, concessionary entrance to HC ticketed events, invitations to private views and other events, entitlement to attend the Cultural Events Committee and representation at all General Meetings of the HC (represented by up to 3 representatives, but have only one vote).
- Listing in the Diary of Events, any other HC publications and on the HC website.
- Use of the HC address for Society correspondence and supply of a pigeon hole for mail.
- Assistance with the equipment, lights etc from HC staff when Member Societies have events at the HC.
Application Form for Member Societies